23 April, 2009

L'introduction

I had this idea that I should start a blog. Why? I suppose in part because I tend to bottle up my feelings and stress, and I figured this could be an appropriate outlet. Like most people, I have a job that sticks me on an emotional teeter-totter; some days, I feel on top of the world, while others leave me scanning ads on monster.com. I plan on using this as an escape-- from work, from family, from thinking. I may write about the shitty things that seventh graders do on a daily basis, or I may jot down my thoughts on the latest audiobook I listened to on my hour long drive to work. I don't have a plan for where I am going with this, just that I'd like to give it a try.

For anyone actually reading this, who is not a member of my immediate family or a close friend, I will give you a brief overview of myself:
As the title suggests, I am a French teacher: grades 6 through 10 at a charter school (save your complaining about charter schools- I value food and shelter far more than union solidarity) in an under privledged city in the far reaching suburbs of Detroit. I am married, and at this time, my only children have four legs. I live for useless pop trivia. I love movies and television, resulting in a plethora of knowledge in a field that has no utility. I have always loved reading, and read everything from classic literature to mindless fiction. I sing regularly, whether it's welcomed or not, and I love acting, though there has been no time in recent years for me to perform in anything. I have been a gymnastics coach for about 8 years and still work out from time to time. I love traveling, particularly in France (obviously).

I appreciate any valuable time you have wasted while reading this, and perhaps you will waste more on a regular basis. I'll do my best to remain interesting. I bid you adieu for now, but will return again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment